People always say that they wish their puppies would stay puppies; we do too - but even if your dog is no longer nipping at your ankles, we’ve rounded up some great homemade grain free dog treat recipes that will help keep your dogs active and healthy. Whether your pup has a sensitive tummy or you just want to feed her some guilt-free snacks, these grain-free recipes will make delicious treats that will keep fresh for approximately one to two weeks (although they will probably be gobbled up in no time at all!).
1. To avoid using grains, The Healthy Maven’s Grain-Free Sweet Potato Dog Treats are made with coconut flour and almond meal to give your pup the pep they need. In just an hour you’ll have soft and chewy grain free dog treats!
2. This Grain Free Dog Treat recipe from A Cozy Kitchen features banana and sweet potato, giving your dog a nutritious yet sweet treat that she’ll love. Made with just four or five ingredients, you’ll have a healthy snack in no time! Although Adrianna includes the option to supplement the recipe with oats, you can easily leave them out or substitute them with something else for the perfect homemade grain free dog treat!
3. The Peanut Butter Banana Grain-Free Treats from Hello Nature are the perfect way to give your dog a snack packed with potassium and protein. These homemade treats also feature carob, a dog-safe chocolate alternative, which your pup can enjoy without any problems.
4. As bananas seem to be the favored sweet ingredient in dog treat recipes, we had to feature these fun Banana-Almond Grain-Free Dog Treats from Pretty Fluffy, one of the best dog sites out there. Again, using only a handful of healthy ingredients (that you most likely already have in your kitchen) and just ten minutes in baking time, you’ll have a fast and healthy homemade snack for any pup on a grain-free diet!
5. Mixing the sweet with the savory, Doggy Dessert Chef’s Sweet Potato Strawberry Chicken Treats offers creative yet tasty recipe that your dog will be drooling over. Tenille combines strawberries, chicken breast and sweet potato to create a nutritious biscuit your dog will love; we also love the addition of parsley, which has soothing digestive effects and can also act as a minty breath freshener.
6. Last but not least, Kol’s Notes’ Grain-Free, No Bake Peanut Butter & Pumpkin treats are a great and easy way to get some extra healthy ingredients into your dog’s diet, including cinnamon and ginger which are both anti-inflammatory. In just ten minutes you’ll have an easy and tasty treat that your pup will be going crazy for.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Due to the squishy nature of pillows, please note that sizes are approximate and may vary slightly.
We HIGHLY recommend measuring your pet prior to ordering to avoid costly return shipping fees.
Collars should be tight enough that they can’t slip off, but loose enough to fit a few fingers in between the neck and the collar.
Using a soft measuring tape, measure around the base of your dog’s neck. For optimal comfort, add roughly two inches to the measurement. You should be able to fit two fingers in between the tape measure and the dog’s neck.